Words: map nerd | people person | ambitious | designer | empathetic | programmer | straightforward | detail-oriented | team player
Summary: A student aptly summed me up like this: "I appreciate your take-no-bullshit attitude, but also your eagerness to compliment good work."
Currently: Product Designer on the Cartography team at Uber.
My guiding life principles:
- Take calculated risks. What’s the worst that can happen?
- If you don’t ask, you’ll never know.
- Communication is key.
Things you didn’t ask but now you know
- The terrain in the footer of the website shows portions of all three branches of the Andes Mountains in Colombia. The best hike I ever did was in El Cocuy National Park on the far right side of the image.
- I wrote a thesis on current practices in web map design.
- I was featured on House Hunters International while living in Bogota, Colombia.
- I will eat ice cream anytime, anywhere.
- Restrepo Leather, a company that I started with my husband, was featured in GQ’s Best Stuff of 2013.
- I was captain of my college ultimate frisbee team and can throw a mean hammer.
- I helped start the Madison chapter of Maptime.
- I was the 2015-2016 student board member of NACIS.